This was such a fun breakfast treat! We made the berry jam using leftover frozen berries. You could buy some jam if you’re looking to save time. Then a few days later, we used store bought pie crust — filled it with the jam, spread on some melted butter on the top layer, pressed down along the edges using a fork, and baked it at 425 for about 20 minutes. Simple! Liv enjoyed spreading the jam, using the fork, and “painting” on the butter.
- 1 Cup of Berries
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Place the berries and sugar in the pan, smash the berries, and mix all together on high heat. Once boiling, lower to simmer for about 25 minutes. Stir while simmering to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Using a pre-made pie crust, lay one layer flat and fill it with your berry jam. Then put the top layer over it.
- Brush it with a bit of melted butter
- Seal the edges with a fork
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes
- Cut into smaller poptarts, let it cool, & then frost. Then serve!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk